Background

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Oranges for Christmas


Photo Credit: amseaman via Compfight cc

     The sweet citrus smell of fresh oranges permeates the air of Christmas memories. Although I grew up in a family that couldn't afford many luxuries, we always managed to purchase a case of oranges every December. (It was a luxury to us!) My mom would either slice or peel the oranges for easy eating and my two brothers, and I feasted on as many oranges as our stomachs could hold. It's still a tradition to have fresh oranges to eat at Christmas time.


     As I got older, one of my favorite stories to read was Christmas Oranges by Linda Bethers.


 It's the beautiful story of friendship and generosity. It's a story that I enjoy every year at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment